Savory Beef and Noodles
No one can resist a hearty entree like this...it's true comfort food at its finest. The recipe only calls for 1/2 cup gravy. Refrigerate the remainder and serve it with potatoes or leftover roast beef at another meal.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup beef gravy
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Hot cooked noodles
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the soup, gravy and mushrooms. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and water until smooth; stir into beef
- mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Serve over noodles. Garnish with parsley if desired.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 442 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 924 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein.