Savory Beef and Noodles Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup beef gravy
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Hot cooked noodles
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, gravy and mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine flour and water until smooth; stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over noodles. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup (calculated without noodles): 442 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 924mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein
Reviews for Savory Beef and Noodles
"I was sure to season the beef up with salt and pepper, some garlic and onion powder, and I loved this!! I will make it again.....but only when my husband is out of town.....he would hate this!"
"This dish was just not good, not taste, no flavor. I will not be making again"
"It was fast and economical but then again so is a box of hamburger helper- which by the way it tasted exactly like. My family was not impressed and I probably won't repeat the recipe."
"I make this about once a month. My family loves it! I leave out the mushrooms because my husband is allergic."
"Fast, economical, and tasty! My family loved it! Thank you for this delicious and easy recipe!"
"Super easy, super delicious!"
"I thought the french soup made it almost too "sweet"...my family was not crazy about the dish. I'll keep looking for a beef and noodle dish."
"This is a keeper recipe. Simple, fast and delicious."
"This was very easy to make, but it was quite bland."
"I followed the recipe exactly and thought it was a little bland. Next time I'll add some kind of seasoning."
"Very good. I used chuck beef cubes and really liked it."
"I used a jar of beef gravy rather than a 1/2 cup, a half bag of egg noodles, and 2 cans of mushrooms."