No one can resist a hearty entree like this...it's true comfort food at its finest. The recipe only calls for 1/2 cup gravy. Refrigerate the remainder and serve it with potatoes or leftover roast beef at another meal.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup beef gravy
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Hot cooked noodles
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, gravy and mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and water until smooth; stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over noodles. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Savory Beef and Noodles in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2002, p3
Reviews for Savory Beef and Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review