Savory Bean & Tomato Salad Recipe
Garlic and blue cheese in the dressing really perk up green beans and tomatoes. Carol Gano sends this recipe from her home in Ballwin, Missouri.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 6 medium tomatoes (about 2 pounds), sliced
- 3 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh savory leaves
- 1. Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place beans in ice water.
- 2. Drain and pat dry. Cut into 2-in. pieces. Divide the tomatoes, green onions and cut green beans among six salad plates.
- 3. For dressing, in a blender, combine the lime juice, blue cheese, oil, garlic, salt and pepper until blended. Drizzle over salads. Sprinkle with pine nuts and savory. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 138 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC