Garlic and blue cheese in the dressing really perk up green beans and tomatoes. Carol Gano sends this recipe from her home in Ballwin, Missouri.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 6 medium tomatoes (about 2 pounds), sliced
- 3 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh savory leaves
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place beans in ice water.
- Drain and pat dry. Cut into 2-in. pieces. Divide the tomatoes, green onions and cut green beans among six salad plates.
- For dressing, in a blender, combine the lime juice, blue cheese, oil, garlic, salt and pepper until blended. Drizzle over salads. Sprinkle with pine nuts and savory. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Savory Bean & Tomato Salad in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p48
Reviews for Savory Bean & Tomato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review