Savory Bean & Tomato Salad Recipe
Garlic and blue cheese in the dressing really perk up green beans and tomatoes. Carol Gano sends this recipe from her home in Ballwin, Missouri.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 6 medium tomatoes (about 2 pounds), sliced
- 3 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh savory leaves
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place beans in ice water.
- Drain and pat dry. Cut into 2-in. pieces. Divide the tomatoes, green onions and cut green beans among six salad plates.
- For dressing, in a blender, combine the lime juice, blue cheese, oil, garlic, salt and pepper until blended. Drizzle over salads. Sprinkle with pine nuts and savory. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Savory Bean & Tomato Salad in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p48
Reviews for Savory Bean & Tomato Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Salad Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >
- Salads >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Salad Recipes >