Savory Barbecued Chicken
If you're like me, you can never have enough delicious ways to grill chicken. The savory sauce in this recipe gives the chicken a wonderful herb flavor. It's easy to put together a great meal when you start with these juicy golden pieces.
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), quartered
- In a small saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients; bring to a
- gentle boil. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. Place
- chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add marinade. Seal bag
- and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours, turning once.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat
- for 30-40 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 recipe equals 224 calories, 14 g fat (0 saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 225 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 meat.