Savory Barbecued Chicken Recipe
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), quartered
- In a small saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients; bring to a gentle boil. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours, turning once.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 30-40 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Chicken in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 1995, p162
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Savory Barbecued Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 12, 2012
Unique and delicious