Savory Baked Eggs
A flavorful mixture of green pepper and onion makes a savory bed for these baked eggs shared by Judy Robertson from Russell Springs, Kentucky. A simple bread crumb topping provides extra appeal.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan, saute onion and green pepper in 3 tablespoons
- butter until tender. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Break eggs over the onion mixture. Melt remaining butter; toss with
- bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Sprinkle over eggs. Place dish in a
- large baking pan; pour boiling water into larger pan to a depth of 1
- in. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until the eggs
- are firm. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 245 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 238 mg cholesterol, 414 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.