Savory Baked Eggs Recipe
A flavorful mixture of green pepper and onion makes a savory bed for these baked eggs shared by Judy Robertson from Russell Springs, Kentucky. A simple bread crumb topping provides extra appeal.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan, saute onion and green pepper in 3 tablespoons butter until tender. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Break eggs over the onion mixture. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Sprinkle over eggs. Place dish in a large baking pan; pour boiling water into larger pan to a depth of 1 in. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until the eggs are firm. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Savory Baked Eggs in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p12
Reviews for Savory Baked Eggs(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Simple Breakfast Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Vegetarian Recipes >
- Vegetarian Breakfast Recipes >