Savory Baked Chicken Recipe
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/8 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup crushed seasoned stuffing
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Place the stuffing in another bowl. Dip chicken in mustard mixture, then coat with stuffing.
- 2. Place chicken in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spritz chicken with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 2 servings.
1 chicken breast half equals 210 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 664 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Savory Baked Chicken
"Nothing to not like here. I used Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Stuffing mix for the stuffing. My daughter said it smelled like turkey. You could taste the mustard ever so faintly. Neither part over took the other. It was a nice blend. I give it 5 stars but don't plan to make it again for a while. I am trying lots of new recipes. Not sure how "diet" friendly this one is with the stuffing part. It was just a nice change from the boring chicken we have been eating."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.