Savory Apricot Chicken with Vegetable Rice
Chicken thighs simmered in a sweet-savory sauce are served over piping hot rice with veggies.
4 ServingsPrep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 20 min Ready In Time: 30 min
- 1 tbsp. Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (1 1/4 lbs.)
- 1 (12 oz.) jar Smucker's® Orchard's Finest™ Coastal Valley Peach Apricot Preserves
- 1 (1 oz.) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (5.6 oz.) pkg. rice with peas and carrots in sauce mix, prepared
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Saute chicken thighs
- until golden brown on both sides. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Combine preserves, soup mix and water in skillet. Bring to a boil;
- reduce to simmer and cook for 2 minutes. Stir.
- Return chicken to skillet. Simmer covered for 8 to 10 minutes turning
- once halfway through cooking. Serve hot over prepared rice. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: Calories 623, Total Fat 16.7g, Saturated Fat 3.7g, Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 548mg, Total Carbohydrate 79.7g, Dietary Fiber 2.9g, Protein 22.6g, Vitamin A 2%DV, Vitamin C 1%DV, Calcium 3%DV, Iron 12%DV