Savory Apple-Chicken Sausage
These easy, healthy sausages taste great, and they make an elegant brunch dish. The recipe is also very versatile. It can be doubled or tripled for a crowd, and the sausage freezes well either cooked or raw. -Angela Buchanan of Longmont, Colorado
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken
- In a large bowl, combine the apple, poultry seasoning, salt and
- pepper. Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight
- 3-in. patties.
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties over
- medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Yield: 8 patties.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sausage patty equals 92 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 328 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 medium-fat meat.