Savory Appetizer Cheesecake Recipe
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- Assorted crackers and fresh fruit
- 1. In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels. In the drippings, saute onion and garlic until tender; remove with a slotted spoon.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, cream, flour, salt and cayenne; beat until smooth. Add eggs, beat on low speed just until combined. Set aside 3 tablespoons bacon for garnish. Stir in green onions, sauteed onion and remaining bacon into egg mixture. Pour into greased 8-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with reserved bacon. Serve warm with crackers and fruit. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Savory Appetizer Cheesecake
"I over did it a bit with the garlic and cayenne pepper but I disliked the consistency and the lack of bacon. We didn't seem to spread it on the crackers. I think I'll use more bacon and bake it longer if I use it again. :/"
"I took this recipe to a neighbor get together last night. Interestingly, my friends seemed to love it, but, my husband and I thought it was bland tasting with a fluffy consistency...not good on crackers. I won't make this again. There are much better recipes out there to choose from. Sorry TOH!"
"Absolutely delicious! I've made this several times over the years. Smooth and savory, an elegant dish to impress your guests."