Savory Appetizer Cheesecake
I love to experiment with new recipes, and my family is always willing to taste-test. This warm bacon cheesecake is welcome at family get-togethers.
Joy Burke, Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
16-20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- Assorted crackers and fresh fruit
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a
- slotted spoon to paper towels. In the drippings, saute onion and
- garlic until tender; remove with a slotted spoon.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, cream, flour, salt and cayenne;
- beat until smooth. Add eggs, beat on low speed just until combined.
- Set aside 3 tablespoons bacon for garnish. Stir in green onions,
- sauteed onion and remaining bacon into egg mixture. Pour into
- greased 8-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with reserved