At the office where I worked years ago, we women often shared our favorite recipes at lunchtime. This casserole came from a co-worker, and my family has enjoyed it for some 30 years. Besides being easy and quick to prepare, it's very economical. It serves well for church suppers and potlucks, and it's a real time-saver on washdays!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) spaghetti in tomato sauce with cheese
- 1 can (15 ounces) mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Stir in soup, spaghetti and vegetables. Transfer to an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese if desired; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Save A Penny Casserole in Reminisce May/June 1994, p53
Reviews for Save a Penny Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review