Mary Lou Wayman of Salt Lake City, Utah sent in the recipe for Vegetable Trio with its pretty mix of garden-fresh green beans and carrots. It's a nice accompaniment with any meal.Mary Lou Wayman, Salt Lake City, Utah
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 large carrots, julienned
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large skillet, cook and stir the carrots, green beans,
- mushrooms, salt and thyme in butter over medium heat for 15 minutes
- or until beans are crisp-tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 102 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 684 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.