Sauteed Squash Medley Recipe
- 1 small yellow summer squash, halved and sliced
- 1 small zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the squash, zucchini, mushrooms, onion and red pepper in butter for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic salt and pepper; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 91 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Sauteed Squash Medley
"Very tasty. I didn't have peppers or mushrooms. I wanted to try this recipe, so made it without. It was still very good."
"Really, really good."
"Very tasty and looks great. I thought the addition on the Parmesan cheese on the top added that nice texture and twist."
"We make this recipe ALL the time! My kids always request it. It is fantastic :)"
"This recipe is absolutely delicious. I left out the onions. I used medium size squash, and it makes a lot. My boyfriend immediately exclamed, "This is Good!!"."
"Great flavor. I omitted the onions as I was concerned they wouldn't get soft enough for my taste. Rest of the veggies were great."