Sauteed Squash Medley
“This recipe never lasts long on our table. I usually serve it with an Italian-style entree.” We think it’s a great partner for most any main dish! Kay Ayotte - Albion, Michigan
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 small yellow summer squash, halved and sliced
- 1 small zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the squash, zucchini, mushrooms, onion and
- red pepper in butter for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Stir in
- garlic salt and pepper; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 91 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 285 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.