- 2 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup green pepper strips
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper strips
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Place the vegetables in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the marinade ingredients. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
- In a large skillet, saute vegetable mixture in batches for 3-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Sauteed Spring Vegetables
Sort By :
"We absolutely love this dish. We have tried the balsamic vinegar and the soy sauce. The soy sauce is okay but the balsamic vinegar is superb. I am making it again now. My only problem is that I cry so much cutting up the onion. I know, my problem... Anyway, a mandolin helps in cutting up the vegetables more quickly. Thank you so much for this recipe."
"We really enjoy this recipe. It is simple and very tastey. We will be using it as a side dish often this summer (especially when the garden starts coming in)."
"Thank you for your great review. Glad you liked it. I make it all the time, my wife loves it."
"Absolutely delic!!!! Will be making it many more times."