Sauteed Spinach and Peppers
We often steam our fresh spinach and eat it plain. But this version dressed up with red pepper, onion and garlic is a nice change. It is really quick and tasty—and pretty, too.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups packed fresh spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add red pepper;
- cook and stir for 1 minute. Add onion and garlic; cook 1-1/2 minutes
- longer or until onion is tender. Add remaining ingredients; cook and
- stir for 1-2 minutes or until spinach is just wilted. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 65 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 342 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.