Sauteed Spinach and Peppers Recipe
We often steam our fresh spinach and eat it plain. But this version dressed up with red pepper, onion and garlic is a nice change. It is really quick and tastyand pretty, too.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups packed fresh spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add red pepper; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add onion and garlic; cook 1-1/2 minutes longer or until onion is tender. Add remaining ingredients; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until spinach is just wilted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sauteed Spinach and Peppers in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p27
Reviews for Sauteed Spinach and Peppers(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >