Sauteed Spiced Salmon
“My husband and friends love this crusty salmon,” says Kathy Garrison in Fort Worth, Texas. We think you will love that it’s so rich in heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids—and so delicious!
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Combine the dill, chili powder, lemon-pepper and cumin; rub over
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook salmon in
- oil over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until fish
- flakes easily with a fork. Serve with lemon if desired. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet equals 246 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 82 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.