Sauteed Rosemary Carrots
This colorful, fresh-tasting side dish is great with chicken and potatoes but would complement just about any meal. My husband and I cook with many different kinds of herbs and have found rosemary to be delightful with carrots.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds carrots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- In a large skillet, saute carrots in oil until crisp-tender. Add
- green pepper; saute 5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the rosemary, salt and pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 70 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 275 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.