I’ve heard radishes are the only vegetable you don’t cook, but a cookbook from the 1950s disagrees. Green beans and wax beans round out this dish. —Pam Kaiser, Mansfield, Missouri
Featured In: 60 Spring Farmers Market Recipes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound fresh green or wax beans, trimmed
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add beans; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add radishes; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in sugar and salt; sprinkle with nuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sauteed Radishes with Green Beans in Simple & Delicious April/May 2015
Reviews for Sauteed Radishes with Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2017
"I plan on making these for lunch. I have roasted radishes with olive oil and garlic and they are excellent, so I suspect these will be as good! I'll use olive or sesame oil instead of butter though."