Sauteed Orange Shrimp with Rice Recipe
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp and garlic in oil and butter for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and orange juice until smooth; stir in the basil and salt. Gradually stir into the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 3 servings.
1/2 cup shrimp mixture with 2/3 cup rice equals 365 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 194 mg cholesterol, 412 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.