Sauteed Orange Shrimp with Rice Recipe
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp and garlic in oil and butter for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and orange juice until smooth; stir in the basil and salt. Gradually stir into the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 3 servings.
1 each: 365 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 194mg cholesterol, 412mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Sauteed Orange Shrimp with Rice
"super easy and super fast, but kind of bland. I would add more garlic and crushed red pepper next time, and use more orange juice - there wasn't much sauce."
"Great recipe! We make it all the time - it couldn't be any easier :)"
"Fast, great tasting and right to the recipe box!"
"Fast, delicious, and easy to make on busy weeknights. Great Recipe."