"My family loves this fast and flavorful recipe. It takes minutes to prepare but tastes like it took all day—and it’s just as wonderful served over noodles.” Radelle Knappenberger — Oviedo, Florida
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp and garlic in oil and butter for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Combine cornstarch and orange juice until smooth; stir in the basil and salt. Gradually stir into the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Sauteed Orange Shrimp with Rice in Simple & Delicious March/April 2010, p28
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sauteed Orange Shrimp with Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review