- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp and garlic in oil and butter for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Combine cornstarch and orange juice until smooth; stir in the basil and salt. Gradually stir into the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 3 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Sauteed Orange Shrimp with Rice
Sort By :
super easy and super fast, but kind of bland. I would add more garlic and crushed red pepper next time, and use more orange juice - there wasn't much sauce.
Great recipe! We make it all the time - it couldn't be any easier :)
Fast, great tasting and right to the recipe box!
We love it! Its quick and easy and I've made it twice already. Its a keeper! Our daughter has to eat a gluten-free diet so this is perfect.
Fast, delicious, and easy to make on busy weeknights. Great Recipe.