Sauteed Orange-Glazed Baby Carrots
Here’s a wonderful accompaniment to just about any main dish, whether for a holiday or not. The carrots are sauteed in a sweet orange butter sauce with a unique blend of spices.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute carrots in butter for 8 minutes. Stir in
- the remaining ingredients; cook 2 minutes longer. Reduce heat; cover
- and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until carrots are tender. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 138 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 223 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.