Sauteed Mushrooms Recipe
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small skillet, saute mushrooms in oil for 2 minutes. Add wine, bouillon, garlic powder and pepper; saute 5 minutes longer or until mushrooms are tender and liquid is reduced by half. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 103 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 202 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Sauteed Mushrooms
"I put this on a grilled burger with a little cheese, and I didn't need anything else. And I'm a ketchup girl. That's saying something."
"The best sauteed mushrooms every eaten."
"I always made a sauteed mushroom recipe my mother gave me. Unfortunately, it called for a LOT of butter. Decided to try this recipe, and I'm sure glad I did! I think they are the best sauteed mushrooms I've ever had. Might add a little minced onion next time. Thanks, Elizabeth, for sharing your family recipe."
"Made these for dinner tonight with some steaks on the grill...fabulous and easy!"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.