“This is a family recipe I have used for over 20 years,” says Elizabeth Lott of Amarillo, Texas. “Everyone I’ve ever served it to has raved about it.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small skillet, saute mushrooms in oil for 2 minutes. Add wine,
- bouillon, garlic powder and pepper; saute 5 minutes longer or until
- mushrooms are tender and liquid is reduced by half. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 103 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 202 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.