“This is a family recipe I have used for over 20 years,” says Elizabeth Lott of Amarillo, Texas. “Everyone I’ve ever served it to has raved about it.”
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small skillet, saute mushrooms in oil for 2 minutes. Add wine, bouillon, garlic powder and pepper; saute 5 minutes longer or until mushrooms are tender and liquid is reduced by half. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sauteed Mushrooms in Healthy Cooking April/May 2008, p62
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Sauteed Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review