Sauteed Green Beans
This beans are seasoned with some of my favorite herbs. I've found that basil, oregano and parsley are great flavor accents for canned, frozen or fresh beans. I've taken this delicious side along to last-minute potlucks as well.—Heidi Wilcox, Lapeer, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and parsley flakes
- In a large skillet, saute beans in butter for 4-5 minutes. Add the
- onion and seasonings. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 5 minutes or
- until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 71 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 279 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.