Sauteed Corn with Tomatoes & Basil
“We harvest the veggies and basil from our backyard garden just minutes before fixing this recipe! It’s so fresh and easy—and always delicious with grilled fish or meat.”
Patricia Nieh - Portola Valley, California
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet, saute corn in oil until crisp-tender. Stir in the
- tomatoes, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the
- heat; sprinkle with basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 85 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.