Sautéed Rosemary Chicken Recipe
My chicken dish is covered with sauteed mushrooms and onions and draped in a rich beefy sauce accented with rosemary.—Bob Wedemeyer, Lynnwood, Washington
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 50 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Dash white pepper
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked fettuccine
- 1. Lightly coat chicken with flour. In a large skillet, brown chicken in 4 tablespoons butter. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear. Meanwhile, saute mushrooms and onion in the remaining butter until tender; set aside.
- 2. In a saucepan, bring broth to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; add rosemary and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until reduced by half. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in mushroom mixture. Serve chicken over fettuccine; top with mushroom sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 382 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 597 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 36 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC