I invented this recipe while looking for a different way to cook broccoli that was lower in fat and sodium. Quick, colorful and tasty, it makes a quick and easy accompaniment to a variety of meals.—Jim MacNeal, Waterloo, New York
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 12 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, saute onion and red pepper in oil for 2-3 minutes or
- until crisp-tender. Stir in the broccoli, water, garlic, salt and
- pepper. Cover and cook over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until
- broccoli is crisp-tender. Yield: 10 servings.