Sausage Zucchini Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 2 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Crumble sausage into a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray. Add zucchini and onion; cook and stir over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in tomatoes and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until liquid is evaporated. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage Zucchini Skillet(15)
Sort By :
A good recipe, just nothing groundbreaking about it. Very fast to make, so good when you need a quick dinner.
Delicious! I used ground hot Italian sausage and threw in some yellow squash and some chopped red peppers too. Served over brown rice.
I use hot Italian Turkey Sausage, Italian diced tomatoes, extra garlic, and add some Italian seasoning to make the skillet more intensely flavored. Delicious.
Excellent! I used hot turkey sausage and added the extra link. Served over Orzo as another reviewer suggested. I decreased the serving size to 1 cup. Very yummy!
This recipe is fantastic. The only change I've made is to add a can of Rotel tomatoes. I serve it over orzo for something a little different.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >