- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 2 large zucchini, cut into 1/2-in. pieces
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook sausage, zucchini and onion over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in tomatoes and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 4-5 minutes or until liquid is evaporated, stirring occasionally. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage Zucchini Skillet
"You know it is a good recipe when your 13 year old says "I like zucchini." For someone who doesn't ordinarily like zucchini, he liked this dish. It was quick and easy. Only variation was that we added red pepper flakes to kick up the spice level. This was a tasty dish that was perfect for a hot summer night."
"A good recipe, just nothing groundbreaking about it. Very fast to make, so good when you need a quick dinner."
"Delicious! I used ground hot Italian sausage and threw in some yellow squash and some chopped red peppers too. Served over brown rice."
"I use hot Italian Turkey Sausage, Italian diced tomatoes, extra garlic, and add some Italian seasoning to make the skillet more intensely flavored. Delicious."