Sausage Wonton Stars
These fancy-looking appetizers are ideal when entertaining large groups. The cute crunchy cups are stuffed with a cheesy pork sausage filling that kids of all ages enjoy. We keep a few in the freezer so we can easily reheat them for late-night snacking.
North Lewisburg, Ohio
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) wonton wrappers
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 bunches green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- Lightly press wonton wrappers onto the bottom and up the sides of
- greased miniature muffin cups. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or
- until edges are browned.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain. Stir in the cheese, peppers, onions and salad dressing.
- Spoon a rounded tablespoonful into each wonton cup. Bake for 6-7
- minutes or until heated through. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 215 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 384 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or