- 1 package (12 ounces) wonton wrappers
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 bunches green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- Lightly press wonton wrappers onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until edges are browned.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cheese, peppers, onions and salad dressing. Spoon a rounded tablespoonful into each wonton cup. Bake for 6-7 minutes or until heated through. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sausage Wonton Stars
"Great appetizer and loved by all !"
"Excellent recipe! I have used mini tart shells in lieu of wontons and it has worked great!"
"I love these, I do cut the wonton wrappers into rounds with a 2 3/4-3" biscuit cutter and call them Sausage Wonton "Moons".....maybe not as pretty, however leaving the wontons in stars, those little points are quite sharp."
"I love making these for my Christmas Party as the Red & Green Peppers add to the Christmas look. They are so easy and tasty."
"This recipe is delicious! It is so easy and quick to make and everyone loves them!! They also warm nicely so that you can make ahead and reheat to serve."