- 1 package (12 ounces) wonton wrappers
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 bunches green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- Lightly press wonton wrappers onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until edges are browned.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cheese, peppers, onions and salad dressing. Spoon a rounded tablespoonful into each wonton cup. Bake for 6-7 minutes or until heated through. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sausage Wonton Stars
"This has been a long time favorite recipe at our house. I leave out the green pepper as my husband does not like them and occasionally change up the cheese with what I have on hand but no matter how you make these you will love them!"
"I have made these many times just as written. They are absolutely wonderful. I made these for ladies golf today and they were a huge hit. Everyone was fighting to take any left home. I had to make them the day before and they were still wonderful. Better the same day but still great!"
"Great appetizer and loved by all !"
"Excellent recipe! I have used mini tart shells in lieu of wontons and it has worked great!"
"I love these, I do cut the wonton wrappers into rounds with a 2 3/4-3" biscuit cutter and call them Sausage Wonton "Moons".....maybe not as pretty, however leaving the wontons in stars, those little points are quite sharp."
"This recipe is delicious! It is so easy and quick to make and everyone loves them!! They also warm nicely so that you can make ahead and reheat to serve."
"This is very close to the recipe I use. I spray the wonton wrappers with Pam before putting them in the oven the first time, instead of green onions I use a can of diced black olives, and I use more cheese and ranch dressing. I will have to give them a shot with green onions next time... if my wife allows it (once I make something she goes nuts over I am not allowed to tinker with it at all). :D"
"This are so good and so fun to make and serve. I followed the recipe and they turned out great!!"
"I like this recipe. I used ground turkey instead of sausage."