Sausage Wonton Cups Recipe
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, garlic powder and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Meanwhile, press wonton wrappers into miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8-9 minutes or until lightly browned.
Spoon sausage mixture into cups. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled filled wonton cups in freezer containers, separating layers with waxed paper. To use, reheat wonton cups in coated muffin pans in a preheated 350° oven until crisp and heated through. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 68 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Sausage Wonton Cups
"Great flavor. We love wonton cups and this version is a keeper."
"Everyone loved these! They were gone almost as fast as I put them out! Very easy to make."
"Easy quick recipe. I added a little bit of pepper. Would definitely make this recipe again."
"Add sliced black olives on top"