Sausage Wonton Cups Recipe
“Here's a tasty hot appetizer for all those holiday parties that feature fun finger foods and quick bites," shares Shirley Van Allen in High Point, North Carolina. "I've made this recipe several times, and it always disappears so fast. It's really easy but looks like you fussed.”
- 4 Italian turkey sausage links (4 ounces each), casings removed
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, garlic powder and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Meanwhile, press wonton wrappers into miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8-9 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3. Spoon sausage mixture into cups. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 wonton cup equals 68 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 270 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC