“Here's a tasty hot appetizer for all those holiday parties that feature fun finger foods and quick bites," shares Shirley Van Allen in High Point, North Carolina. "I've made this recipe several times, and it always disappears so fast. It's really easy but looks like you fussed.”
- 4 Italian turkey sausage links (4 ounces each), casings removed
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, garlic powder and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, press wonton wrappers into miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8-9 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spoon sausage mixture into cups. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Sausage Wonton Cups in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007, p34
Reviews for Sausage Wonton Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2011
"Everyone loved these! They were gone almost as fast as I put them out! Very easy to make."
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2009
"Easy quick recipe. I added a little bit of pepper. Would definitely make this recipe again."
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2008
"Add sliced black olives on top"