Here’s a tasty hot appetizer for all those parties that feature fun finger foods. I’ve made this recipe several times, and these bites always disappear so fast. It’s really easy. —Shirley Van Allen, High Point, North Carolina
Featured In: 25 Potluck Appetizers to Feed a Crowd
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, garlic powder and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, press wonton wrappers into miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8-9 minutes or until lightly browned.
Spoon sausage mixture into cups. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled filled wonton cups in freezer containers, separating layers with waxed paper. To use, reheat wonton cups in coated muffin pans in a preheated 350° oven until crisp and heated through. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Sausage Wonton Cups in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007, p34
Reviews for Sausage Wonton Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2011
"Everyone loved these! They were gone almost as fast as I put them out! Very easy to make."
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2009
"Easy quick recipe. I added a little bit of pepper. Would definitely make this recipe again."
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2008
"Add sliced black olives on top"