- 3 pounds potatoes (about 6 medium), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 jalapeno peppers, sliced and seeded
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, halved and cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 medium sweet yellow or orange peppers, halved and cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 5 Italian sausage links (4 ounces each)
- Chopped fresh basil, optional
- Place the first seven ingredients in a 6-qt. slow cooker; toss to combine. Top with sweet peppers and onion.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown sausages on all sides; place over vegetables. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove sausages; cut diagonally into 2- to 3-in. pieces. Remove vegetables with a slotted spoon; serve with sausage. If desired, sprinkle with basil. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage with Jalapeno Potatoes
"This was an okay recipe. I will make it again because of the ease, but it needs some punch. I thought the jalapeno would give it flavor, but it didn't. I also think the cook time in the slow cooker should be increased to 8 hours. Although the potatoes were cubed identically, some needed more cooking time. I'm thinking of increasing the salt and pepper to an 1/2 teaspoon and adding some additional spices, but not certain as to what they will be. Looking forward to reading other cooks recommendations for this recipe."