Sausage with Corn Stuffing
"This is a quick-and-easy main dish that my family enjoys," writes Del Mason from her Martensville, Saskatchewan home. "Cooked ham, chicken or turkey make an excellent alternative to the breakfast sausages."
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3/4 pound Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (6 ounces) corn bread stuffing mix
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until browned and juices
- run clear. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat water. stir in
- butter until melted; remove from the heat. Add stuffing mix and
- parsley; stir just until moistened.
- Drain sausage; cut into 1/4-in. slices. stir the sausage, carrot,
- corn, onion and celery into stuffing mixture. Add cheese; toss to
- Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350°
- for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with turkey sausage and reduced-fat cheese) equals 277 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 824 mg sodium,