Sausage Wild Rice Quiche
When you're short on time, this long-on-flavor quiche is just right! It's perfect for hectic morning meals because the sausage and rice can be cooked ahead of time.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 cup wild rice, cooked and cooled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- In a greased 10-in. pie plate, layer the sausage, rice and cheese. In
- a bowl, combine the milk, baking mix and eggs; beat until smooth.
- Pour evenly over cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 259 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 139 mg cholesterol, 449 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.