When you're short on time, this long-on-flavor quiche is just right! It's perfect for hectic morning meals because the sausage and rice can be cooked ahead of time.
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 cup wild rice, cooked and cooled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 4 eggs
- In a greased 10-in. pie plate, layer the sausage, rice and cheese. In a bowl, combine the milk, baking mix and eggs; beat until smooth. Pour evenly over cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Wild Rice Quiche in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p16
Reviews for Sausage Wild Rice Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2010
"Very good! My husband claimed he didn't like wild rice until he ate this."