When you're short on time, this long-on-flavor quiche is just right! It's perfect for hectic morning meals because the sausage and rice can be cooked ahead of time.
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 cup wild rice, cooked and cooled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 4 eggs
- In a greased 10-in. pie plate, layer the sausage, rice and cheese. In a bowl, combine the milk, baking mix and eggs; beat until smooth. Pour evenly over cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Wild Rice Quiche in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p16
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Sausage Wild Rice Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2010
"Very good! My husband claimed he didn't like wild rice until he ate this."