Sausage Vermicelli Recipe
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 4-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 packages (2.1 ounces each) chicken noodle soup mix
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove meat and vegetables with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, combine the water, rice and soup mixes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in sausage mixture; heat through. Yield: 5 servings.
Editor's Note: The cost per serving does not include optional ingredients such as garnishes. When there is a choice of two ingredients, the cost is figured with the first one listed.
1 each: 377 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 811mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.