Sausage Vermicelli Recipe
"This is a longtime family favorite," notes Shauna Hamman of Mesa, Arizona. Sausage adds savory flavor to this speedy skillet supper, which is nicely priced at only 63 cents for each serving.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 4-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 packages (2.1 ounces each) chicken noodle soup mix
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove meat and vegetables with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, combine the water, rice and soup mixes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in sausage mixture; heat through. Yield: 5 servings.
1 each: 377 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 811mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Vermicelli
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC