- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (14 ounces) marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the mushrooms, tomatoes, marinara sauce, carrots, peppers, onion, tomato paste, garlic, sugar, basil and oregano. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Sausage-Veggie Pasta Sauce in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2012, p47
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Sausage-Veggie Pasta Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review