Sausage Veggie Grill Recipe
- 1 pound Italian sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 cup quartered fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the oil, oregano, parsley, garlic salt and paprika. Pour over sausage mixture; toss to coat. Divide between two pieces of heavy-duty foil (about 14 in. x 12 in.). Fold foil around sausage mixture and seal tightly.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (2 cups) equals 359 calories, 29 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 993 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Veggie Grill
"Absolutely delicious ! I sometimes use hot Italian sausage. I like to serve this mixture over pasta because it makes enough juice."
"Really good! Kids didn't like it but DH and I did."
"Easy and no oven for the hot summer months! I added baby carrots and split into 4 individual packets!!"
"My husband calls this the Italiano Grill. He says it reminds him of lasagna for the summer months."
"A little time-consuming with all the vegetable chopping, but so worth it! This is one of our favorite summer recipes!"
"I have just one question: The sausage will give up a good bit of fat in the cooking. So, why 1/4 cup of olive oil? It would seem to me this would be swimming in oil/fat.?. Maybe lschom has a great idea cooking sausage separately."
"I have made this before from a recipe I clipped from your magazine. I get rave reviews everytime. Even from my daughter who doesn't like squash of any kind."
"I would follow recipe for the vegies and sauce, but would prefer grilling the sausages outside the packet..."
"This recipe was delicious! Next time, I think I'd serve it over rice or noodles. I don't know if my veggies were larger but I felt I needed to split the mixture amongst 4 packets instead of 2 and I'm glad I did. Plus, that gives everyone there own packet."
"Make the Sausage Veggie Grill Recipe...It was outstanding.... Instead of wrapping in foil...I use a throw away pan it was a lot easy to use..did not add zucchini,or squash..also i use a green pepper instead of red....My hat is off to the Chef that wrote this Recipe.... very very good......"
"My husband & kids love these. I omit the squash & Zucchini since my hubby doesn't like these. It's also great using turkey sausage."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.