Sausage lends smoky flavor to this crisp and colorful meal-in-one dish from Carmen Hoffman of Hanna City, Illinois.
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 cups chopped cabbage
- 9 ounces reduced-fat smoked turkey sausage, cut into slices
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup cooked rice
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the onions, mushrooms, carrot and celery in butter for 5 minutes. Add the cabbage, sausage, green pepper, garlic, salt and pepper; saute for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add rice and heat through. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Vegetable Skillet in Light & Tasty April/May 2002, p14
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sausage Vegetable Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review