We have so much squash in the summer, but we never tire of this recipe. We often leave the sausage out of the foil packets and just serve the veggies as a side dish. Even people who don't usually like zucchini enjoy it. —Kay Bish, Thompsonville, Illinois
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Divide between two pieces of double-layered heavy-duty foil (about 12-in. square). Fold foil around sausage mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Vegetable Packets in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p39
Reviews for Sausage Vegetable Packets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review