Sausage Vegetable Packets Recipe
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Divide between two pieces of double-layered heavy-duty foil (about 12-in. square). Fold foil around sausage mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sausage Vegetable Packets
Sort By :
This is one of our favorite meals! We never change anything.
This is one of the best ideas ever!! Perfect, no corrections needed!!!
My family loves this recipe. It's always a big hit. I sometimes use andouille sausage for the people who like spicy food.
when I make these packets with veggies, I always add a couple ice cubes for moisture and less butter/use PAM to spray my foil. I do turn mine, but double wrap the veggies and roll the edges together so they do not leak. Make these often during the summer months - great with or without the sausage. ..also use Kielbasa
I make a recipe similar to this and spray the foil with Pam first. Then I can use less butter, but it still tastes great and doesn't stick to the regular foil.