Sausage Vegetable Packets
We have so much squash in the summer, but we never tire of this recipe. We often leave the sausage out of the foil packets and just serve the veggies as a side dish. Even people who don't usually like zucchini enjoy it. —Kay Bish, Thompsonville, Illinois
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Grill: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Divide between two
- pieces of double-layered heavy-duty foil (about 12-in. square). Fold
- foil around sausage mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until the
- vegetables are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer