- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Divide between two pieces of double-layered heavy-duty foil (about 12-in. square). Fold foil around sausage mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Vegetable Packets
"When I first saw this recipe it was summer and I tried it. Great idea, great taste and great clean up idea :) However, since I first saw it I have made the same thing many times, no matter the season. I do vary the vegetables depending on what looks best at the store. Sometimes I add onion, sometimes a sweet potato cut in smaller bites, always peppers of varying colors. Sometimes we don't even have meat; just all kinds of veggies. Great recipe turns into lots of different meals."
"Great flavor! I added more sausage & less vegetables."
"Love the one container method. Flavor was outstanding for my taste."
"This is one of our favorite meals! We never change anything."
"This is one of the best ideas ever!! Perfect, no corrections needed!!!"