- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Divide between two pieces of double-layered heavy-duty foil (about 12-in. square). Fold foil around sausage mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sausage Vegetable Packets
Sort By :
"Love the one container method. Flavor was outstanding for my taste."
"This is one of our favorite meals! We never change anything."
"This is one of the best ideas ever!! Perfect, no corrections needed!!!"
"My family loves this recipe. It's always a big hit. I sometimes use andouille sausage for the people who like spicy food."
"when I make these packets with veggies, I always add a couple ice cubes for moisture and less butter/use PAM to spray my foil. I do turn mine, but double wrap the veggies and roll the edges together so they do not leak. Make these often during the summer months - great with or without the sausage. ..also use Kielbasa"